Holding Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses And Pharmaceutical Corporations Accountable For Medication Errors
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that approximately 82% of American adults take a prescription medication and 29% take five or more. It is no wonder that a total of 1.5 million people are injured every year from adverse drug events (ADE), many of which are preventable, according to the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Preventing Medication Errors report.
For over 30 years, Hensley Cloninger, P.C., has demanded accountability from the doctors, pharmacists and nurses who negligently prescribed, filled and administered potent medications that seriously injured their patients. Our lawyers also aggressively pursue pharmaceutical corporations that improperly labeled their drugs or failed to disclose potentially harmful side effects. We help you recover the maximum possible compensation for your injuries or the death of your loved one that resulted from a pharmaceutical error.
Liability For Harmful Pharmaceutical Mistakes
Often, multiple people and institutions are responsible for the medication mistakes that harmed you. Our lawyers investigate whether your adverse drug event (ADE) occurred because the:
- Doctor prescribed the wrong type or dosage of a drug, failed to screen you for risk factors and drug interactions or conducted inadequate follow-up to evaluate you for adverse side effects
- Pharmacist administered a drug with a similar-sounding name or misread the prescription
- Nurse incorrectly inserted an IV or injected the wrong type of medication into your body
- Hospital lacked appropriate protocol and procedures for the administration of medications to prevent medical malpractice
- Pharmaceutical company distributed a dangerous or defective drug
Hold The Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist Or Pharmaceutical Corporation Responsible For The Drug Error That Injured You
Collect damages for the harm you suffered from a prescription drug mistake. Call Hensley Cloninger, P.C., at 828-585-6558, or contact us online for your free initial consultation with one of our medical malpractice lawyers. Our Asheville firm serves injured patients throughout the Southeast — including in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee — through pro hac vice representation. Our office provides plenty of on-site parking and is accessible by public bus. Our lawyers handle all medical malpractice cases on a contingency basis.