Committed to People with Injuries in Asheville for 29 Years
In North Carolina, experience that gets results in medical malpractice and auto accidents
When you’re injured by a doctor’s mistake, a driver who is paying too much attention to the phone (and not enough to the road) or by a defective drug or a poorly made product, you need a passionate lawyer on your side. You want the experience to find the best solutions and the knowledge — and record — for success. At Hensley Cloninger, P.C., that’s what we do for you. For nearly a quarter century, we’ve been making sure injured North Carolinians get the compensation they deserve. We’ve committed our lives and our practice to fighting big hospitals, large insurance companies and giant corporations to make sure they are held accountable for their recklessness. If you’ve been injured because of someone else’s negligence, we can help you take action.
In your corner in the toughest fights
At our firm, we never treat you like a number or an annoyance. Attorney John C. Hensley, Jr. has 29 years of experience making sure his clients get what they deserve. An AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell® attorney, he aims to keep each client involved in their own case. Mr. Hensley and our staff — including a nurse — represent clients from every corner of North Carolina and throughout the southeast United States as pro hac vice counsel.
Unlike many of our competitor firms, we’re not based on volume — we base our success on getting the best results for you. We don’t settle just to get you out of the way — we’re trial lawyers and we’re ready, willing and able to fight to get you the best result we can. We litigate in the highest levels of the North Carolina court system, against the best of the best in defense, and we are proud of our results.
Responsiveness you can count on
Since 1989, we’ve helped numerous North Carolinians gain peace of mind and support. At Hensley Cloninger, P.C. we know that the time after an accident or an injury is uncertain — we face it with you. With a thorough, accomplished approach to the law, we guide you to the best result for you, in cases including:
- Birth injuries: Having a child is supposed to be a happy, joyful time — but not every birth goes well. We can review what happened in the maternity ward to see where something may have gone wrong. We’re also well known for our work with critical conditions such as cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, hypoxic brain damage and neonatal strokes.
- Medical malpractice: Physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals know we put our trust in their hands. But when a surgery goes wrong, or when a doctor makes a misdiagnosis or mistakes one medication for another, injuries and even death can occur. If you think your physician or other medical professional made an error, we can review your case and may be able to help you. We also represent those who have been harmed or abused while living in a nursing home.
- Personal injury: One of the best ways to find out if an injury you suffered is because of the actions or inactions of another is to speak with one of our attorneys. We’ve reviewed accidents including brain and spinal injuries, herniated disks, broken bones and more. When you speak with us for a free consultation, we review the incident and see how we can help in these cases as well as gross negligence issues.
- Automobile and vehicle accidents: Car accidents may leave you or someone you love seriously injured — and bus, truck or motorcycle accidents could be worse. You might be the victim of a hit and run or have been involved in an accident while riding your bicycle or walking. You may experience significant financial losses or be concerned about what the future holds for you and your family. Let us help you recover what you deserve from insurance companies and even the other driver.
- Product liability: A product with a defect in its design or in the way it is made may cause serious injury. Poorly written instructions or an inadequate warning label may also cause injury. Luckily, the law is on your side and Hensley Cloninger, P.C. may be able to get you fair compensation from the manufacturer or the store where you purchased the product.
- Premises liability: If you are injured on another person’s property, you can hold the property owner accountable — if their negligence caused the injury. Speaking with our lawyers can help you find out whether you have grounds for a claim and if there’s a reasonable chance of success. Learn more about slip and fall accidents here.
- Wrongful death: Losing a family member or friend is a life-changing experience — and it’s even worse if it’s someone else’s fault. Beyond coping with your loss, the surviving family members may be faced with financial problems and legal issues. At our firm, we do everything we can to seek justice against the business or person responsible for your loss.
- Workers’ compensation and occupational diseases: In North Carolina, if you’ve been injured at work or sickened by environmental conditions at your job, you should consider discussing your options with one of our experienced attorneys. We can help you seek workers’ compensation for your injuries or occupational illness that may cover medical expenses and lost earnings while you cannot work.
Our attorneys also represent clients in various general civil litigation matters, such as landlord-tenant disputes and breach-of-contract issues.
Contact the personal injury team that works for the people of North Carolina.
When you have been wronged and are suffering the consequences, you need a strong advocate in your corner committed to getting you the fair compensation you deserve. Hensley Cloninger, P.C., is based in Asheville, NC and represents injury victims throughout North Carolina and the surrounding states (through pro hac vice admission).
For your serious personal injury case, call us at 828-348-0092 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation. We meet with you in your home or at the hospital if you are unable to come to us. Appointments are available after hours or on weekends by request.