Asheville Fractures Lawyer
Fighting For Those Who Have Been Injured Following Birth
When an infant suffers from fractures during birth, the emotional toll on parents can be overwhelming. At Hensley Cloninger & Greer, P.C., we recognize families' challenges when navigating such situations. Our fracture attorneys in Asheville are here to provide compassionate support and experienced legal representation during these difficult times.
Call Hensley Cloninger & Greer, P.C. today at (828) 383-8414 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our fractures attorney in Asheville.
Common Causes of Fractures During Birth
The birth of a child is a momentous occasion eagerly anticipated by parents. However, complications during childbirth can sometimes result in injuries, including fractures to the infant. Common causes of fractures during birth can include:
- Difficult Deliveries: Fractures can occur when medical professionals exert excessive force during a difficult delivery. Shoulder dystocia, where the infant's shoulders become stuck behind the mother's pelvic bone, can lead to fractures as doctors attempt to free the baby.
- Use of Forceps or Vacuum Extractors: Medical instruments like forceps or vacuum extractors are sometimes used to assist in delivery. If mishandled, these tools can cause fractures to the infant's delicate bones.
- Incorrect Positioning: Improper infant positioning during delivery can increase the risk of fractures. Medical staff should ensure that the baby is properly aligned to prevent unnecessary stress on the baby's bones.
- Large Birth Weight: Babies with a high birth weight may face a higher risk of fractures during birth, particularly if the delivery is challenging or if medical interventions are necessary.
What Damages Could Be Recovered Following Fractures From Birth?
Families could be entitled to seek compensation for various damages when a newborn experiences fractures due to medical negligence or errors during birth. Our experienced fracture attorneys can help you pursue the following types of damages:
- Medical Expenses: The expense of medical treatment and ongoing care for your child's fractures can be substantial. Compensation can cover hospital bills, surgeries, rehabilitation, medications, and other necessary medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Fractures can cause significant pain and suffering for both the infant and the parents.
- Long-Term Consequences: Some fractures sustained during birth can have long-term consequences, like developmental delays, growth issues, and permanent disabilities. Compensation can help address the potential challenges your child may face.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life: If your child's fractures result in limitations that affect their quality of life and capacity to engage in normal activities, you may be eligible for compensation for the loss of enjoyment of life.
- Parental Stress and Mental Anguish: Witnessing your child endure pain and suffering can significantly affect parents' mental and emotional well-being. Compensation can acknowledge the distress you've endured due to the situation.
Contact Our Fractures Attorney in Asheville Today
At Hensley Cloninger & Greer, P.C., our Asheville fractures lawyers understand the complexities of birth injury cases. We are committed to advocating for the rights of families whose newborns have suffered fractures due to medical negligence. Our legal team will meticulously assess your case, gather evidence, consult with medical experts, and work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve.
If your child has experienced fractures during birth, don't hesitate to reach out for a consultation. Our compassionate team will listen to your side of the story, answer your questions, and guide the best course of action. We're here to alleviate your legal burden so you can focus on your child's well-being and recovery.
Contact Hensley Cloninger & Greer, P.C. today to get started with our Asheville fractures lawyer.