Hensley Cloninger & Greer, P.C. Hensley Cloninger & Greer, P.C.

Uninsured & Underinsured Compensation Lawyers in Asheville

Learn About Uninsured & Underinsured Compensation in North Carolina

North Carolina laws require drivers to carry a minimum amount of insurance. Alarmingly, about 8% of drivers in the state are uninsured, in violation of the statutes. Many more lack enough insurance to adequately cover a serious accident. However, you still have options if you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured driver.

Hensley Cloninger & Greer has helped personal injury victims for more than 30 years. Our lawyers think outside the box to obtain fair compensation when handling complicated auto accident claims. Our goal is to recover the damages you deserve, regardless of the insurance coverage of the other driver.

Minimum Mandatory Coverage Under North Carolina Laws

The North Carolina minimum mandatory insurance requirements for licensing a vehicle in the state are:

  • $30,000 for bodily injury to one person in a single accident
  • $60,000 for bodily injury to two or more people per accident
  • $25,000 to cover property damage in one incident

Insurance Policies Available to North Carolina Drivers

In addition to the liability coverage required by law, you may consider purchasing other types of auto insurance policies, such as:

  • Collision: Covers damage to your vehicle during an accident
  • Comprehensive: Provides additional coverage to your car for events involving fire, theft, wind, water, flood, animals, and vandalism
  • Medical payment: Pays medical and funeral costs
  • Uninsured motorists: Compensates you for injuries or property damage caused by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver who is at fault
  • Underinsured motorists: Compensates you for personal injury damages that exceed an at-fault underinsured driver’s policy limit

Does Your Case Include a Third-Party Lawsuit?

In addition to your insurance coverage, our personal injury lawyers explore whether a third party is also liable for the car accident. Under North Carolina’s dram shop statutes, vendors and social hosts may be liable under certain circumstances for serving alcohol to an intoxicated person who then drove drunk and ran into you. Similarly, a construction company that left road debris may be responsible for the hazardous conditions its crew created.

Learn About Your Options if You Are Hit by an Uninsured, Underinsured, or Hit-And-Run Driver

Find out more about recovering compensation if the negligent driver is not able to pay damages. 

Call Hensley Cloninger & Greer at (828) 383-8414 or contact us online to schedule your free initial appointment. Our lawyers handle your motor vehicle accident claim on contingency, meaning you do not pay us until we recover money for you.

Contact Us For a Free Consultation

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.