Asheville Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
At Hensley Cloninger & Greer, P.C., we understand the devastation that drunk driving accidents can cause. If you or a loved one has been involved in a drunk driving accident, our experienced attorneys are here to help you seek justice and compensation for your injuries.
Our Asheville drunk driving accident attorneys have a thorough understanding of the laws and regulations surrounding these types of accidents. We will work tirelessly to investigate the accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf. Our team will also handle all negotiations with insurance companies and fight for your rights in court if necessary.
Call our firm today at (828) 383-8414 to schedule a free consultation.
How Is Liability Determined in a Drunk Driving Case?
Determining liability in a drunk driving-related personal injury case involves a comprehensive evaluation of all available evidence. Typically, it starts with the police report, which provides an initial account of the incident, including details of the intoxicated driver's actions and any traffic citations issued. The report may also reveal the driver's blood alcohol level at the time of the accident. In some cases, eyewitness testimony can further corroborate the findings.
Additionally, our experienced attorneys may employ accident reconstruction experts to analyze the crash scene, vehicle damage, and any surveillance footage to paint a clearer picture of the events leading up to the accident. All these pieces of evidence can be pivotal in establishing the drunk driver's negligence and thus, their liability for the injuries sustained in the accident.
Helping Clients Recover Damages after a Drunk Driving Accident
In a successful drunk driving accident personal injury case, victims may be eligible to recover various forms of damages intended to compensate for the loss and suffering experienced as a result of the accident. Such damages can include, but are not limited to:
- Medical Expenses: This includes costs of immediate medical care after the accident, ongoing treatment needs, rehabilitation costs, medical supplies, and any future medical expenses related to the accident.
- Loss of Earnings: If the accident has resulted in an inability to work, either temporarily or permanently, compensation for lost wages and future earning capacity can be sought.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and any decrease in the quality of life caused by the accident.
- Property Damage: Costs to repair or replace damaged property, such as your vehicle, can be included in the claim.
- Punitive Damages: In some cases where the conduct of the drunk driver was particularly egregious, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the defendant and deter similar behavior in the future.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that drunk driving accidents can take on victims and their families. That's why we offer compassionate and personalized legal representation to help you navigate through this difficult time.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a drunk driving accident, it's important to act quickly. Contact our experienced drunk driving accident lawyers today at (828) 383-8414 to schedule a free consultation.