Case Verdicts And Settlements
Hensley Cloninger, P.C., takes pride in its efforts to win compensation for our clients. While all cases are different and no attorney can guarantee results, we wanted to show some of the past successes our lawyers have achieved on behalf of our injury clients. These past results could not be construed to suggest the likely outcome of your case.
- $2.1m for the victim of a rear-end collision on l-40 who suffered a traumatic brain injury and required a fusion surgery for his neck. Helped find him appropriate doctors and helped negotiate those doctor’s bills for the victim.
- Recovered $550,000 for a man that was struck by a hit-and-run driver while he was taking a walk with his wife. His insurance denied coverage and the case settled during litigation in federal court.
- Helped a woman collect $100,000 after she was struck by a car as she walked across an lngles parking lot. Negotiated her medical bills down, allowing her to keep the money she deserved.
- Helped a motorcycle rider find an additional $300,000 in insurance coverage after he lost his leg due to an inattentive driver.
- Found additional insurance policies allowing for a recovery of $150,000 for an injured motorcycle rider, and also helped negotiate down his medical bills.
- $100,000 for a man struck by a hit-and-run driver as he rode his bicycle home from work. The driver’s insurance
company tried to blame the victim, but then paid on the eve of trial.
- Doubled an insurance company’s top offer on the eve of trial, settling a back injury case for $150,000 after defendants
had blamed an uninsured third party throughout litigation.
- Helped an out-of-state victim collect more than $30,000.00 from an out-of-state truck driver after the seriously-injured victim was stranded in Madison County because his car was totaled.
- Helped find several additional insurance policies for a woman that suffered a traumatic brain injury in a wreck involving several injured victims. Was able to recover more than $180,000 for her while also slashing her medical bills.
- Won $51,000 for a woman against her own insurance company after she was injured when a defendant crossed the
center line, at full speed, and then fled the scene.
- $60,000 (limits of all insurance) for a family that was struck by a drunk-driver who was driving without a license and crossed the center line.
- Several cases against State Farm where the victims were injured by the clear liability of the insured, but the insurance company ignored calls and letters seeking payment.
- $400,000 – On behalf of a young man with an intellectual disability who was severely burned by dangerously hot water in a hotel shower.
- $330,000 – On behalf of a motorcyclist struck by a vehicle. We were assured that the first $30,000 was all the insurance coverage available, but our research led us to another $300,000 for our client.
- $100,000 – On behalf of a woman struck by a car in a parking lot. The impact aggravated pre-existing conditions and the insurance company paid the full amount of their coverage.
- $150,000 – On behalf of a man injured in a rear-end collision. The driver that hit him was on the clock. The insurance company had offered less than half this amount but then offered the full amount after the firm developed the case through litigation.
- $7.5 million verdict – Served as lead trial attorney and obtained the largest single plaintiff’s verdict on record in Western North Carolina on behalf of a 5-year-old boy with cerebral palsy allegedly caused by the negligence of his doctor during a vacuum extraction delivery.
- $4.75 million settlement – On behalf of child who suffered brain damage allegedly caused by a delay in proper diagnosis and treatment.
- $3.65 million settlement – On behalf of a man mistakenly diagnosed with prostate cancer after his biopsy samples were negligently switched with another patient.
- $3.25 million, $2.35 million, $2 million, $2 million, $1.55 million, $1.5 million and $1.1 million in settlements – On behalf of children with brain damage and cerebral palsy allegedly caused by medical negligence during their delivery.
- $850,000 settlement – On behalf of 64-year-old man with partial paralysis allegedly caused by a physician’s failure to properly diagnose a spinal fracture following a fall.
More information on medical malpractice issues.
- $1.8million settlement for a man that suffered partial paralysis and a traumatic brain injury, and also secured for him an additional $500,000 for help with future medical needs.
- $100,000 settlement for a state employee that injured his back trying to fix equipment after having repeatedly telling his employer the equipment was faulty.
- Agreed to help a 20-year-old that hurt his foot falling eight feet, onto concrete, in front of ten witnesses. The employer and insurance company denied his claim. His injury grew worse without treatment. We secured medical treatment for the injured worker and then settled his case for more than $50,000.
- Helped a kitchen worker that fell and struck his head. The kitchen did not have rubber mats and the employer blamed the employee for the fall. Settled for $75,000.
- Took over a case that had lingered for years and helped the injured victim settle for $120,000.
- $75,000 for a woman that had injured her shoulder after the employer rushed her back to work, causing injury in her other shoulder as well.
- $247,500 for a woman that developed CRPS after injuring her back catching inventory that was starting to fall over.
- $225,000 for a woman that developed CRPS after suffering a crush injury in a factory job. She returned to that job and worked through the pain before hiring us to help her.
- $134,000 for a woman whose foot was run over by a pallet jack on the job.
- $80,000 for a man that injured his neck when a ladder fell on him at a job in South Carolina.
- $117,000 for a man that kept working after injuring his foot on the job. The employer piled on additional, strenuous tasks, finally causing several additional injuries.
- Several cases for Spanish-speaking clients who were being mistreated by their employers and the employers’ worker’s compensation insurance companies ($95,000 settlement, $40,000 settlement, $50,000 settlement)
- $325,000 for a man that lost his leg in an out-of-state automobile collision while on-the-clock, and also secured for him an additional $270,000 for help with future medical needs.
- $97,000 for a teacher whose broken arm caused her to lose the waitressing job she worked on weekends and during summers.
- $900,000 for the victim of an automobile collision after his workers’ compensation claim lasted more than ten years. The defendants negotiated after this firm won sanctions against them in the North Carolina lndustrial Commission. Also secured for him an additional $680,000 for help with future medical needs.
- $200,000 for a man who broke both of his legs while leaving a job site when a co-worker moving downed trees cause done of those trees to hit the victim. The employer originally denied the case.
- $2,370,000 settlement – On behalf of a man injured in a motor vehicle collision and suffering multiple injuries. The comp insurance was actually paying some benefits to him but we advised him of many other benefits he was entitled to and we negotiated this settlement just before a hearing.
- $1,544,000 – On behalf of a man who fell off of a work truck and suffered a brain injury.
- $685,000 – On behalf of a man injured in a motor vehicle collision and suffering a brain injury.
- $330,000 settlement – On behalf of woman with back injuries and chronic pain following fall at work.
- $290,000 settlement – On behalf of a woman who sustained a back injury at work.
- $275,000 on behalf of a woman injured when trying to open a door the employer knew to be broken. The employer had been warned of this danger several times, and the woman suffered significant injuries when the door stuck and the contents inside that door shifted.
- $200,000 settlement – With an insurance company on behalf of a disabled professional who was denied benefits under their long-term disability policy.
- $175,000 settlement – On behalf of a man who sustained a knee injury at work.
- $100,000 – On behalf of an employee at a school that injured his back while catching a falling trash can. There had been several reported issues with the trash cans prior to this injury. We helped the employee get the surgeries he needed and we negotiated where many state employees are never offered a workers’ comp settlement.
More information on workers’ compensation issues.
Helping You Make A Financial Recovery From Your Injuries
When you have been wronged and are suffering the consequences, you need a strong advocate in your corner. Hensley Cloninger, P.C., in Asheville, works toward the best possible result for each client every time. Representing injury victims throughout North Carolina and the southeastern U.S. (through pro hac vice admission), we look forward to helping you recover financially while you recover physically. Call us at 828-585-6558 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation today.